Jennifer Summer Tolman
Founder & Owner
Jennifer has been an avid writer since age eight, and during high school, gained a heightened interest in business-to-business copywriting. With this in mind, she enrolled in the Advertising Major program at the University of Colorado at Boulder. She graduated in 1990 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Journalism.
After college, Jennifer worked as a Vice President of Marketing for two start-up companies that marketed financial products to entrepreneurs and accountants. At both companies, she wrote and managed all of the print advertising and direct mail programs while also recruiting, training and managing the sales teams.
At this early stage of her career, Jennifer discovered a natural affinity for connecting the Brand Development process to business development. She also became attached the accountability inherent to helping advisors – not just unearth their story – but to likewise use it to achieve quantifiable business results.
She joined a regional office of Lincoln Financial Advisors in 1994 as their Director of Marketing and Recruiting. While there, she provided one-on-one consulting to the company’s top advisors nationally and successfully recruited multi-million dollar advisors away from other firms. She was engaged as a consultant by three additional offices to develop marketing departments in their regional profit centers. Jennifer founded Second Summer in 2000.
- M Financial Marketing Meeting, featured speaker in 2008 and 2016
- The Legacy Companies, featured speaker
- London Life, Wealth & Estate Planning Group, featured speaker
- ValMark Securities, School of Life, featured speaker
- Ash Brokerage Summit, featured speaker
- Communication Arts, national award winner
- Denver Advertising Club, gold award winner
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Journalism, Advertising Major, University of Colorado at Boulder